Let’s start off by saying:
Happy New Year! Happy 2016 to Everyone!
I am taking part in the 30 Paintings in 30 Day Challenge. Now, let’s see if I can do 30 paintings in 30 days 🙂
Here is Painting #1: Coffee Anyone
Bid on this piece on my Daily Paintworks Page. Starting bid is a steal at $30.00!
I can name a million and one things that I don’t love about this. But at the same time, it’s a very special piece. I gave myself a time limit of 1 hour & 30 minutes to complete.
At first this time limit was a little scary. But after a while, I let go of all of those fears and just rolled with it. There is a certain magic that happens when you let go of expectations and fear. You have fun.
I have to admit, however, that I did have one expectation. To Learn.
And I learned several things.
- Painting with a limited palette is a challenge in a great way
- I prefer to work from light to mid-tones to dark and throw in the brightest brights last
- Pay attention to the curves of objects
- Look at everyday objects in a new light
- Just because you use daily things doesn’t mean you know exactly how they look and feel when painting them
- Letting go of my mind is freeing
- Understanding how certain colors lay down
And many other things that I am sure I will see later.
Each time is look at this, I learn something else. I am looking forward to seeing how the next piece grows and how much more I learn.
Don’t Be Afraid To Create Without Expectations of Your Piece Turning Into a Masterpiece.
Come back later in the week for a Week of Work.
Subscribe to my Newsletter for updates on my work and special opportunities to win/buy/bid for my 30 in 30 Paintings.
Buy Original Work on my Website
Like Me on Facebook