You know those days right, your just can’t find that groove you want to be in. Maybe you can but nothing is working in your favor? Let’s face it, those days suck. Badly. But luckily those days don’t last forever.
I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I want to paint but it is going in a totally different direction. Or the mood just isn’t there, and maybe it really needs to be. The list goes one, it seems endless. But free not my friend, you got this. Life goes on. How do I get out of that weird place? Well there is of course, a list of tricks I try.
Funky Day Tips:
- Paint without thought. Painting without a real goal in mind helps so much. Think of yourself as the child you were long ago. Let go of the “rules” and “planning”, just have fun.
- Sketch sketch sketch. Anything! Possibly try something that you haven’t done in a while or never at all.
- Read art magazines, books or blogs. The smallest thing can spark inspiration. Don’t want to read (you should it’s good for your) however, you could go to an art museum as well.
- Take a walk. Get out in nature and just walk out your frustrations. And if you are feeling daring, run!
- Have an outing with family or friends. Or spend some time with your pets. Play a games, watch a movie, do something that gets you out of the funky mode.
- Just dance. Throw on a good groove and let it all go. Sing it out if you want. Plus, it’s a good exercise 🙂
- Start a project that is something different. Maybe you really love the way fruit looks against a silky backdrop and have always wanted to paint it but never have. Now is your chance 🙂
These are just a few. I’m sure there are more. Maybe you have some of your own. Would love to hear them in the comments 🙂 Paint on!